We all earn money; but are you taking necessary actions in increasing the money that you earn? The best way to increase your earning is to invest the money intelligently. Now, there are several investment options available in the market but you also need to consider the risk associated with them. Out of many options, mutual funds have proven to be the most eligible choice time after time and completely safe when it comes to investing money.
It was unprecedented that pooling in their individual assets by a small group of money managers in Boston would give birth to anenormous industry.In just over 80 years the mutual fund industry controls several trillion dollars in assets and the small investor has been armed with numerous ways to increase their wealth by calculated investments.
If an industry can weigh a hefty $11.6 trillion, actions need to calculative, smart and precise depending on the investment goals. Shorter periods of investment might pull off best results with theliquid fund. Choose a High AUM liquid fund and you’re good to go. But today we are going to talk about the broader aspect, the long term investment. So without further delay let’s see what makes a good mutual fund and how might we pick one out, you can find the best mutual funds on websites like Groww
- Load or No load:Sales load is a small percentage of assets that is earned by the individual who has sold you the fund. If you are not a wealth manager for whom this is the source of income, steer clear of mutual funds with loads. Opting for a no-load mutual fund means all of the money invested would start compounding from day one and no capital loss to the sales load (which can be hundreds of thousands of dollars). If you live in countries which only have no loads fund, then you need not worry too much about this one.
- Beware of the Expense Ratio:Everything has its operational cost and mutual funds are no exception. Salaries, coffee, miscellaneous or portfolio management are just tip of the iceberg. Your money has to earn this amount before it can start earning for yourself. So make sure to go for the lowest possible expense ratio, once other factors are accounted for.
- The Philosophical Road: This one might not be up everyone’s alley, but big shots of the industry often swear by it. Depending on what philosophy you have while investing, you might have an intrinsic value investment or something which is targeted towards growth
- The management charges: A well performing fund often attracts more eager investors. That means rise in assets and decreased asset management charges. Funds which undergo efficient management would charge you south of 1.9% per annum mark. There are plenty such options, so choose one wisely.
- The almighty fund manager:He is the guy who provides the ultimatum, be it major decisions or something else. So get to know about the fund manager and his performance history with other funds or financial institutions. He might even be managing other funds. Look at their performance; that would give you a thought insight on his capabilities. In case there is a change in the position, just keep track of the scheme’s quarterly performance and opt out if you are unsatisfied with the outcome.
All in all, there are several resources you can refer to get an in depth detail of various schemes(Morningstar is a favourite). So get some research done and invest where you can create some long term wealth. Choose the best mutual fund; invest your money and enjoy considerable returns on your investment.…